Submissions for So Fi Zine #9 are open now
What is at stake in the stories we tell? What places do they come from? Where do we hope they will go?
With Sujatha Fernandes, So Fi Zine #9 invites creative pieces that open new spaces of expression. Play with voice and place. Consider the conditions under which stories are told. Read her reflections on why we need connective stories of depth and complexity here.
So Fi Zine is a sociological fiction zine for arts-based research, creative sociology, and art inspired by social science. The zine publishes short stories, poetry, photography, photo essays, cartoons, and other creative works. Edition #9 will be published in mid 2021.
- All text submissions should be in a .doc or .docx file using size 12 font
- All visual submissions should be in .pdf or .jpeg format
- Please separate submissions into individual documents
- Authors may submit two pieces to any edition – eg. two short stories, or one poem and one photo essay
- Each submission must be under 1000 words
- Include an author bio (under 50 words) in your submission document (even if using a pseudonym)
- Use ‘So Fi Zine 9’ in your submission email subject line
Submit by April 30 via email to email@example.com
If you have questions please check the FAQs before emailing.
See the previous calls for submissions here.