Submissions to So Fi Zine are currently closed.
No future is inevitable. We can expand what counts — we can imagine, speculate and ask what if. With Ruha Benjamin, So Fi Zine #8 invites creative pieces that take up this call.
Ruha Benjamin’s radical experiments with speculative fiction show us the urgency of crafting ‘novel fictions that reimagine and rework all that is taken for granted about the current structure of the social world’. Read her 2016 article ‘Racial Fiction, Biological Facts: expanding the sociological imagination through speculative methods’ here.
So Fi Zine is a sociological fiction zine for arts-based research, creative sociology, and art inspired by social science. The zine publishes short stories, poetry, photography, photo essays, cartoons, and other creative works. Edition #8 will be published in December 2020.
Submissions close October 31.
- All text submissions should be in a .doc or .docx file using size 12 font
- All visual submissions should be in .pdf or .jpeg format
- Separate submissions into individual documents
- Authors may submit two pieces to any edition – eg. two short stories, or one poem and one photo essay
- Each submission must be under 1200 words
- Include an author bio (under 50 words) in your submission document (even if you are submitting using a pseudonym)
- Use ‘So Fi Zine #8’ in your submission email subject line
Submit by October 31 via email to email@example.com
If you have questions please check the FAQs before emailing.
See the previous calls for submissions here.