Submissions for So Fi Zine Edition #5 are now open
So Fi Zine is a sociological fiction zine for arts-based research, creative sociology, and art inspired by social science. It publishes short stories, poetry, photography, photo essays, cartoons, and other creative works. Edition #5 will be published in June 2019.
Edition #5 is inspired by the public sociology of Michael Burawoy. Pieces are invited that creatively explore ‘the common challenges we face in defending society’—for fiction and art that aims to ‘engage multiple publics in multiple ways’, not deliver sociological knowledge to a vague and faceless public. Write stories that listen and engage, make art that is attentive and bold and challenging. Provoke discussion, involvement, interaction, solidarity and imagination.
To submit to So Fi Zine, send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow the submission guidelines:
- All submissions should be in a .doc or .docx file, using size 12 Times New Roman font
- Authors may submit two pieces to any edition – for example, two short stories or one poem and one photo essay
- Separate submissions into separate documents
- Each submission must be under 1200 words (not including title)
- An author bio (under 50 words) should be included in each submission document
- Include ‘So Fi Zine #5 Submission’ in your submission email
Submission close on 15 April 2019.
See the previous calls for submissions here.