Submissions for So Fi Zine Edition #4 are now open.
So Fi is a sociological fiction zine for arts-based research, creative sociology, and art inspired by social science. We accept short stories, poetry, photography, photo essays, cartoons, and other creative works. Edition #4 will be published in November 2018.
Edition #4 is inspired by a golden thread that runs through Raewyn Connell’s extensive body of work – ‘critique is inadequate: one needs to show alternatives.’ Critiquing and radically re-thinking social structures and social science, Connell inspires us to scrutinise power and challenge supremacy. For this edition, we are looking for creative pieces that imaginatively illuminate social alternatives.
Edition #4 will include a special drabble section to be curated by Raewyn Connell. Drabbles are short stories of exactly 100 words – send yours on any of the following themes: southern theory, masculinities, neoliberalism, schools and social justice.
To submit to So Fi Zine, send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow these submission guidelines:
- All submissions should be attached to an email in a .doc or .docx file, using size 12 Times New Roman font
- Authors may submit two pieces to any edition – for example, two short stories or two drabbles or one poem and one photo essay
- Separate submissions into separate documents
- Short stories should be under 1200 words (not including title) and should include a title plus author name at the start of the document
- An author bio (under 50 words) should be included in the submission email
- Include ‘So Fi Zine #4 Submission’ in your submission email
Submission close on 30 September 2018.
See the previous calls for submissions here.